- There are approximately 1190 island in the Maldives with some form of vegetation on them.
- Approximately 200 are inhabited island and 990 are uninhabited.
- There are 26 distinct geographical atolls. These are divided into 20 administrative regions, with the capital Malé making up a separate administrative unit.
- The Maldives is 800 km long and 130 km wide.
- More than 99% of the country is water (115,000 km2) with less than 0,3% land (300 km2).
Map of the Maldives (source: www.livelearn.org)
- Common Birds of the Maldives (the picture of Emboodhoo island is in page 7)
- Common Plants of the Maldives
- Field Guide to Maldivian Birds and Beach Ecosystems
- 100 Best Things to Do in The Maldives (Jen Reviews)