- There are approximately 1190 island in the Maldives with some form of vegetation on them.
- Approximately 200 are inhabited island and 990 are uninhabited.
- There are 26 distinct geographical atolls. These are divided into 20 administrative regions, with the capital Malé making up a separate administrative unit.
- The Maldives is 800 km long and 130 km wide.
- More than 99% of the country is water (115,000 km2) with less than 0,3% land (300 km2).
Map of the Maldives (source: www.livelearn.org)
- Common Birds of the Maldives (the picture of Emboodhoo island is in page 7)
- Common Plants of the Maldives
- Field Guide to Maldivian Birds and Beach Ecosystems
- 100 Best Things to Do in The Maldives (Jen Reviews)
Shell of the Fluted Giant Clam (Tridacna squamosa), beach of the Embudu Island, Maldives
Oriental Garden Lizard (Calotes versicolor), Embudu Island, Maldives